Simple Pumpkin Soup
When you have completed carving your creations the contents of your pumpkin can be used to make a delicious and tasty soup. Reduce food waste this Halloween with this delicious and simple to make pumpkin soup. After your trick or treating, a warm seasonal soup is just what you need.
Enjoy some comfort food by whipping up a wholesome soup with nutritious pumpkin – perfect for a warming lunch or light supper. All you need is the following basic ingredients:
- 350g chopped onion
- 700g pumpkin pulp
- 75g Salted Butter
- 2 L of Vegetable Stock
- 110ml cream
- ½ teaspoon mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper to season
- Melt the butter in a covered saucepan with a heavy base. Once butter has melted add the onions and the pumpkin and allow them sweat on a low heat until soft roughly 10–15 minutes
- Season with your desired amount of salt and freshly ground pepper and mixed herbs
- Add vegetable stock and simmer until tender.
- Allow to cool and then liquidise.
- Return to saucepan reheat and add cream
- Once hot serve with your favourate bread
Pumpkin soup is simple to make with a few ingredients. Takes 20 minutes in the kitchen and will give you a comforting, smooth soup that is warming on a chilly day.
This blog was written by Foxy and Green Gifts